Monday, February 25, 2008

Victory!

Well this past weekend was my sorority’s victory. Honestly the whole idea of it sounds fun but in actuality it is kind of a hassle! First you have to figure out what to wear which is such a pain. People spend hundreds of dollars on dresses that are only going to be worn once. Then comes a date… which you have to invite. That to me is awkward, you have to build up the courage and ask some one to be your date. Maybe I am old fashion but I rather the guy ask me! The entire night is such a build up. I am pretty sure people have been talking about this victory for a month! All I heard was “I am so excited! Who’s your date?, what are you wearing??” Finally it’s over… and like I predicted completely over rated. It was ok but I honestly rather have gone to a normal fraternity party. I mean don’t get me wrong it was far from horrible but way too built up!

1 comment:

sorority girl said...

Haha I agree with you! I am the type to build up and build up events such as Victory, high school prom, vacations, etc to the point where no matter what happened I was going to be a bit disappointed/let down. Finding a pretty dress and getting all made up is fun and different from the usual mixers/house parties, but I honestly didn't think Victory was that great. The fact that I was getting sick may had something to do with it though...haha but I have learned to not get too too excited and anticipated (is that right word use?) about certain events because in reality it probably won't be as good as the fantasy in your mind.